Many insurance programs will pay our office directly and then we bill the family the difference not paid by insurance. If your insurance will pay “out-of-network dentists”, then they will pay our office. We will submit insurance claims on your behalf to have you repaid by your insurance for the plans that reimburse the patient but won’t pay our office. We do require payment at the time of service and any unpaid balances not covered by insurance no later than sixty (60) days. Please provide us with all of your insurance information when you arrive so we may accurately submit claims to your insurance.
We are an “Out of Network” provider and we do not participate with insurance or closed panel groups. Some insurance plans will require you to only see specific dentists of their choice ignorer to use your benefits. Some of these consist of Gateway, Mercy, United Concordia CHIP, Blue Cross/Blue Shield CHIP and UPMC.
We ask that parents be aware of their insurance benefits, deductibles, and limitations prior to visiting our office. There are hundreds of insurance plans and we do not have the ability to know your exact benefits.
The goal of dental insurance, like medical insurance, is to help in affording care but does not pay 100 percent of all treatments. The amount paid is related to the quality of the plan that your employer has selected. Most plans require patients to pay a yearly Deductible, which We keep our fees reasonable and most plans will pay 80-100 percent for routine check-ups, cleaning, x-rays and fluoride. Should you have specific billing or insurance questions, please call our office at 717-569-4597.
As of January 1, 2018, ALL CHIP plans have determined they will no longer provide “Out of Network” payments. In order to use your insurance benefit, CHIP now requires you to find an “IN-NETWORK” dentist. We are happy to care for your children, but CHIP will no longer provide any payment to our office or to the family.
List of Insurance Companies who pay us- however we are not an in-network provider with any insurances
- Aetna PPO
- Allied Benefits
- Associated Life
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of:
- Mass Michigan (Kelloggs)
- North Carolina
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Anthem
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Premera of WA (Paccar)
(most BC/BS plans outside of PA will pay us, if unsure can call the insurance)
- Bollinger Inc.
- Citizens Security Life
- Coventry Dental
- Dearborn National
- Delta Dental of Arkansas (Tyson)
- Delta Dental of CA
- Delta Dental of Georgia
- Delta Dental of Washington
- Delta Dental of Virginia (Gannett Co.)
- Delta Dental of Wisconsin (Douglas Dynamics)
(all other Delta Dental do not pay us parent pays 1st and we submit and they get paid by insurance)
- Direct Pay
- DH Evans
- Gettysburg Health Adm.
- Human Res. Admin.
- Lincoln Financial
- Met Life
- PA Faculty Health & Welfare
- Principal Life
- Quad Med
- Reliance Standard
- Teachers Protective
- United Healthcare (thru an employer)
- Schools Claims Service
- Security Life
- South Central Preferred
- Susq. Trust
- United Concordia – Armstrong
- United Concordia – Comcast
- United Concordia – QVC
- United Concordia of Washington
Insurance Companies who do not pay us, but will reimburse parent
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of PA
- Delta Dental of PA & NJ (see exceptions for delta dentals on list of Insurance Companies who pay us)
- United Concordia (see exceptions on who pays us list)
Insurance Companies who will not pay parent or us
- Aetna Better Health (HMO)
- Amerihealth Mercy
- Blue Cross Dental -Chip (under child)
- United Concordia Chip (under child)
- United Concordia Chip program
- Unison (Med Plus)
- United Healthcare Community Plan (UPMC)
Insurance policies can change without our knowledge – Please verify with your insurance carrier prior to care in our office.